CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

My realtor told me a shared well was located on the property

Customer Question

My realtor told me a shared well was located on the property I bought before signing a contract to purchase. After closing she lied for 2 weeks when asked to show us where the well was. Said she had already shown it to my sister and it was under a fake rock. (a few other lies as well concerning the well) She came clean about it finally 2 weeks after closing and said it was on another property. I think she misrepresented the property. I would not have purchased the property if the shared well was on the other property. What should I do now?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You can sue the realtor for breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud.

I highly recommend hiring a civil litigation attorney for this matter (based only on what you have posted, you have a good claim and I would hate to see you lose it based on procedural error).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).