RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My son in law, daughter and myself are on my house loan. He

Customer Question

My son in law, daughter and myself are on my house loan. He has left the household do I need to refinance to remove him from mortgage and title?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Refinancing the loan solely in your name, would remove both him and her from the loan. You would be solely liable. However, it would not take him off title or take away his legal interest in the home. For that to happen, a quit claim deed would need to be executed, whereby he agrees to give up his right/interest and transfer it to you and her.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.