Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

In Tennessee how many house payments can you be behind

Customer Question

In Tennessee how many house payments can you be behind before they start foreclosure?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Zero. Unless the contract provides a grace period, a lender can initiate pre-foreclosure the first day after the first payment is missed. In practice, most WON'T, but it would be legal. Check your contract to see if there is any grace period on payments and if so, how long. Banks are very backed up. Again, most don't initiate foreclosure for a while after someone misses a payment, because they can collect interest and late fees, and foreclosure is very expensive.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.