TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

We lived at our apartment complex in San Diego 12 years.

Customer Question

We lived at our apartment complex in San Diego for over 12 years. Three months ago our management decided to make us pay our water bill along with the rent. Two or three years ago we were required to set up automatic payment for our rent from our bank account. Now we are required to do the same for our water sewage bill even though we don’t know how much it is going to be each month. So we authorized $60.00 more a month to come out for our water. This month two days before the bill was do they published a water bill for $180.00. The bill said it was an adjustment for two months with no explanation to the adjustment. If we don’t add money to pay this right away we will get late fees. We don’t even have time to make them show us why we are around $120.00 more dollars this month. Is this all legal?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

What does the lease state about the water? Does it address the water at all?