Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

My sister-in-law rents my condo in Palmyra Harbour New

Customer Question

My sister-in-law rents my condo in Palmyra Harbour New Jersey. She has lived there for 11 years with no lease. She currently pays me $900.00 a month. Her brother lives there, also.
I want to ask her and my brother-in-law to move so that my daughter and her husband can move in.
I am going to give them three months and an offer to pick up moving expenses.
Will I face any problems in asking them to move? Am I within my landlord rights?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

They are month to month tenants here, only 30 days written notice would be required.Your offer is beyond generous and more than the law requires.I do not see any problems here with this.If they don't leave you have to file forcible entry and detainer.Hopefully they take your offer and move when it ends.You are being very fair in this situation, I understand family is involved.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.