How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7081
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 70 years old and I have to park across the street,

Customer Question

I am 70 years old and I have to park across the street, which is a very dangerous road.The The current lets me park in the property, however, he is being foreclosed and I see future
problems with new owners. Is there anyway I can get a legal easement. Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Are you renting a home from someone who has lost it in foreclosure? If so, then you are correct in anticipating problems with the new owner. Also, and unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent that from happening. A homeowner will not give a tenant an easement on his property to park a car. If he did, it would make his property virtually unsalable in the future. I hope that this information is helpful, and that you will enter a positive rating for it.

Related Real Estate Law Questions