LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

My tenant just moved out. I noticed during the walk through

Customer Question

Hello. My tenant just moved out. I noticed during the walk through the tenant or a guest either drove into the garage door or backed into it. It's damaged and its a rather large dent. Also, the glass top on the stove- 3 of the burners the coating is completely fine but the one burner all of the coating is gone, the glass top will need replacing. Also, the stainless steel frig has 2 dents and can not be repaired. The hardwood floors, there's a large area that has to be replaced, it can not be repaired as the wood is completely damaged. The carpet has huge stains, nail polish, grease. The tenant lived there for 8 years. I'm just wondering what is normal wear and tear and what isn't. The property is in Florida. Thank you!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. While you have listed several issues, your question, "what is normal wear and tear," is rather broad and I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for. Could you please provide a list of each item you wish me to comment on.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here.

Thanks in advance,

Doug