Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

What is public nuisance?

Customer Question

what is public nuisance?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

A nuisance is harm to a person or a class of persons from the use of one's property. A public nuisance involves a crime that threatens the health,morals, safety, comfort, convenience, or welfare of a community. Those committing a public nuisance may be subject to criminal prosecution resulting in imprisonment, a fine, or both and/or enjoined from continuing such behavior or ordered to remediate any problems caused by their actions

Apublic nuisance interferes with the public as a class, not merely one individual. An individual may not sue for a public nuisance. Rather, a public nuisance is addressed by criminal prosecution alone. If a single person is harmed, then, the person would have a civil action for a private nuisance and could seek monetary damages and/or remediation or injunction.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!