Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

DOMESTICATING A FOREIGN COMPANY IN NEVADA, OKLAHOMA OR

Customer Question

DOMESTICATING A FOREIGN COMPANY IN NEVADA, OKLAHOMA OR FLORIDA: I have a California Limited Liability Company (LLC). I want to move this (DOMESTICATE) to Nevada, Oklahoma or Florida. Can I do this and at same time retain the AGE of my company? My company
is 4 years old. What are the benefits of moving this LLC out of California? Thanks, Chris
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me. I'm afraid my experience is in business litigation, not domestication, so I'm going to open it up to the other experts.
Please do not reply, as that can cause delays.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize. Thanks in advance for not "shooting the messenger."

No, there is no way to retain its "age." A company that is registered/domesticated in another state is basically seen in that state as being created at that time. So the records would show it being created at the time of domestication.

Now this is subjective of course, since whoever really wants to know can always be explained that the company has actually been doing business for a long time in the original state as well.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.