David L
David L, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney licensed in multiple jurisdictions.
11661736

My ex and I were divorced in 2008. In 2007 we took a Line of

Customer Question

My ex and I were divorced in 2008. In 2007 we took a Line of credit to pay community debts. He was responsible for the Line of credit and was ordered by the court to put our house up for sale. He refinanced the property in 2014 and bought me out. He subtracted 1/2 of the line of credit from my share. Can he do that when he was responsible for the amount?
Thank you Annelie
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for asking your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. It sounds like your ex still owes you for the half he deducted on your behalf. You could elect to file a petition in court to enforce the terms of the agreement and recover the balance he owes you. If your agreement provides for attorney's fees, you might also be able to have an attorney do this for you and recover fees from the proceeding. I would consider taking your agreement to a local attorney and asking for an opinion. If legal fees are involved, you may find a local attorney willing to do it with no up-front payment.