Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I have been renting a house past two years. My lease is up

Customer Question

I have been renting a house for the past two years. My lease is up in 8 days and I was advised by my landlord that he wont renew my lease, which is news to me as I have paid my rent. I think he is trying to increase my rent telling me the going rate is higher then what I have been paying. However, no repairs that I have requested have been done and I spent the past 18 months battling an infestation of german roaches in excess of $1000.00. The lights in the kitchen don't work due to a previous fire and an electrical issue...all which have been ignored by him. I think he is trying to raise the rent and I refuse to agree to that considering the current circumstances.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney and I look forward to helping you with your question.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

What is your question?