J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

My mother added me to the deed on her house as jtros. When

Customer Question

My mother added me to the deed on her house as jtros. When mom passes can crediters of come after me for her debt, credit cards?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:

(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and

(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.

Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

A person is not personally liable for the debts of a decedent merely because a person owns property JTWROS with the debtor decedent.

All my best and encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated “ok” or higher. If for any reason you feel that a low rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" tab.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.