Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Real estate, building house related. someone can trust my

Customer Question

real estate, building house related.
someone can trust my LLC to organize Land survey, structural desig,and hirng contractor to build a temple. how to sign a contract so that owner can commit to us (like real estate exclusive buy and sell agreement) ?
If owner change her mind, any things we can do to ask for some expenses ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What do you mean "how to sign a contract so that owner can commit to us?" Your contract itself would be the owner's commitment to you. If you have a contract to perform land survey, design and hiring a contractor, then the owner is liable to you for that agreement. In your contract you would specify that if the owner breaches the contract or tries to cancel, they would be liable to you for either liquidated damages (an amount of money that you reasonably calculate that you lose by them breaking the contract) or actual damages based on costs you have incurred, whichever is greater. You have to determine in deciding liquidated damages to be reasonable how much profit you would lose by them canceling the contract and how much cost/expense you could incur if they break the contract.