Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

Own property in eagle rock resort-- their lack of proper

Customer Question

own property in eagle rock resort-- their lack of proper drainage above my property has caused my drive to erode to the point you can not drive up the driveway. do I have legal recourse for repair/replacement
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please clarify:

1) Whose lack of proper drainage?
2) What is happening exactly?
3) Is this an Homeowner's Association? Who are the parties involved and what is happening exactly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not a homeowners association but it individually owned home .
The drainage problem was A Eaglerock problem resulting from putting improper drainage in a new road above the area I live in . This problem has since been resolved however damage to my driveway exist . The damage to the driveway is extensive to the point that it no longer can be driven on as it's up a relatively steep grade .
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. And lastly - who did this? A neighbor? Or the HOA?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Also, is this a RURAL or URBAN area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was developed by Eagle rock located in Hazleton Pennsylvania . To see the overall development I would suggest you go online and look at Eagle rock resort Hazleton Pennsylvania.The road that created the drainage problem was put in by Eagle rock it caused extensive damage to housing below that resulting in some FEMA money relief for Eaglerock
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is this a rural or urban area? This part is important. Thanks!