Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

The president of our hoh board is performing make work

Customer Question

The president of our hoh board is performing make work projects, with out obtaining permission for each project, I believe the board made a mistake when we agreed to permit him to remove plant over growth on a section of the town homes property. We were told it will save the association money if he performs the work, i can't prove that because there is not a proposal from another contractor to prove we are saving board money. Other projects he performs are billed the same way, he performs a task then he submits a bill to the management company, the management cuts a check and then I as the treasure is required to sign the check, the make work projects are being billed over a $1000.00 per month, I will not sign these checks, as I believe this make work project is illegal and I don't to be involved with it anymore.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. You mean he is performing the work himself, and is then asking for reimbursement from the HOA board for this?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.