CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

A fencing problem with a neighbor and s goats

Customer Question

a fencing problem with a neighbor and his goats
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, I am sorry to learn about this issue with your neighbor.

Ultimately, you can sue the neighbor for the damage done by their animals to your fence. If the damages are $10,000.00 or less, you can sue in small claims court (https://www.utcourts.gov/howto/smallclaims/#limits).

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.