WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

My brother owns a home in North Carolina. He was stationed

Customer Question

Hi Richard, my brother owns a home in North Carolina. He was stationed there in the army, so when he was discharged he moved back home and leased his home with an option to purchase to a woman who was active duty military. The woman abandoned the property and left behind what is estimated to be between 15-20K in damages to the home. We aren't sure what to do, whether to file a police report or how to proceed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

You should file a police report, but you will have to sue the woman in civil court where the property is located to collect damages from her. You should also report the woman to her military commanders since she was active duty and shameful conduct on her part.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Thanks.