Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We bought a house in short sale and the bank red a company

Customer Question

We bought a house in short sale and the bank hired a company to winterize the house. Well they didnt do it properly and 20 pipes burst. When we started the process we did a FHA loan so we had to dump the money into the repairs even before we bought the home. I want to know if there is any way to go after the company that winterized the house even though we did not own it at the time.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: No, you have to look towards the bank for relief since the bank hired the company. There is no privity of contract between you and the company. So, you cannot go after the company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I find out which bank provided the service since they were two banks and They were both the sellers bank. we were the buyers of the home.
How can I find out which bank provided the service since they wer
Response: You need to contact the Settlement Agent/Title Company that handled the closing for the banks for this information.