ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

Had a conversation outside of my apartment with the

Customer Question

Had a conversation outside of my apartment with the landlord, he saw us putting furniture on a uhaul.com truck ask was we moving we said yes, told him we would be at his office the next day to square things up and he said okay after we meet I will come check the apartment to see if you can get your deposit back we said okay talk to you tommorrow. Well my husband job contacted him about saying and giving him a higher salary. So he took it and the next day I went to the landlord office to let him know we are not moving. He then told me he has already rented the apartment out and we need to be out by the next day
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you have a written lease that is still operative? (that is, time left on that lease)?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?