How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 32616
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Loren we haven't received responce from sellers today is

Customer Question

Hi Loren we haven't received responce from sellers today is day two. We gave another request for credit at a lower amount if not we told realtor we want to submit a notice of termination and recieve escrow money. Realtor said she's looking over dates.
What should we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for following up with me.
Make sure you do not let the date expire. Also, make sure that notices are sent in the manner required in the contract.
In fact, send a letter right now asking that the inspection contingency be held open until the current issues are resolved. If that is not agreeable then tell them you terminate.
Best regards.
Loren
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent request via email and text to realtor. If they do t respond what should we do?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Ask that the contingency beheld open. If they refuse terminate the contract.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we terminate the contract?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

State in a letter that you are terminating the contract based upon the inspection contingency.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The realtor texted she got both the requested to extend the inspection contingency till agreement is made and if not we terminate contract per inspection contingency if we do not hear anything by midnight this evening.
Should we assume that our contract is terminated if seller has no responce by tomorrow?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it will terminate at midnight if no response is received.