Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

Gave an inspection addendum to seller and negotiations have

Customer Question

Gave an inspection addendum to seller and negotiations have went back and fourth the amount of days is consumed today. when we the buyer gave the last request we also stated we want to submit a termination of contract if the seller didn't agree to the
lowered credit for repair and requested the escrow money be returned. What should we do now?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

You are telling me that the Seller will not agree to your requests for repairs pursuant to the inspection that was performed on the property you were going to purchase. Now you, as the buyer, want to cancel the contract. Can your tell me the Illinois form contract you are using in this transaction and if there are realtors involved. Generally in Illinois the Purchaser has their attorney send the inspection results and requests for repairs and they cancel the contract pursuant to the terms stated in the contract. If I know the form that you are using or you can attach your addendum and contract I can tell what you need to do cancel and have your earnest money returned.

"State/Country relating to question:Illinois"

Your question states that it pertains to Illinois law, is that correct? I am waiting for you to provide me with the contract form you are using.