Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

We have a small business where we receive rental income from

Customer Question

We have a small business where we receive rental income from a website. We manage vacation properties. We keep and escrow account for that money. My question is can regular bills be paid from that account or should they be paid from an operating account?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Escrow account should be used for things like DEPOSITS. It is meant for money that is not really the company's and may be returned.
For things like regular bills and upkeep, as well as sometimes salary, the OPERATING ACCOUNT should be used.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.