J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

I have a tenant I need to evict. However I have a few

Customer Question

Hi, I have a tenant I need to evict. However I have a few problems/questions
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She also has already been served a 30 day eviction notice notice to terminate tenancy on 8/16/15
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. If the tenant fails to leave after the expiration of the 30 days, you will have to go to court and get an order evicting the tenant. After the judge grants the order, the landlord is permitted to place a lock on the property preventing the tenant to occupy the space. However, the tenant does have 15 days to remove their belongings.
Unless you want to agree to a new lease with this tenant, it does not matter that she now claims she can pay. A no cause notice to vacate and terminate has been issued and therefore, if tenant fails to leave that gives the landlord the right to seek an eviction order.
As far as her social media bashing, this would be a separate lawsuit based on libel and slander (defamation claim). This could be for either economic damages or a suit in equity which orders the tenant to terminate the action that is tarnishing your reputation.
All my best & encouragement.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!