Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Interspousal Agreement: Divorced last year. She was supposed

Customer Question

Interspousal Agreement: Divorced last year. She was supposed to get the document done, she has not.
This is for a condo in San Diego, CA. Underwater. I want to get the document done.
Who can I contact at a reasonable rate?
Does it have to be a lawyer in CA?
Thanks,
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It would need to be an attorney in CA who would have to draft it and most attorneys would want about $250 per hour with a $1500 minimum retainer to do so. You can also file a motion for order to show cause for contempt as she was ordered to do it and has yet to do so and get the court to force her to submit it. If you win the order to show cause and she is found in contempt, you can collect your costs and attorney's fees for having to file the motion and could also be awarded any damages her delay caused you to incur.