Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

How do you get a tennant to vacate premises he lives in a rv

Customer Question

How do you get a tennant to vacate premises he lives in a rv his propery was sold at Sherrif s auctin it was a bankrupt he s trespassing
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? In what state are you located? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oklahoma
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for following up. Even though he's basically a "squatter" and paying nothing, unfortunately, if he will not leave voluntarily, you do need to go through the legal process to avoid being accused of an illegal eviction. This squatter is considered an “at will” tenant and treated legally as a month to month tenant. As such, you can terminate this tenancy by giving written notice of at least 30 days. If he does not leave voluntarily, under Oklahoma law, you will then need to give a 5-Day Notice to Quit...meaning he must vacate the premises within that period or face formal eviction. Then, if he still has not left, you will have to file a petition for an eviction order. Once that is granted...you can have the sheriff evict. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to take any other means of "self-help" eviction prior to obtaining the eviction order.
This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you could just force him out immediately, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It's been my pleasure to help! Have a great day!