Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. experience with Real Estate
19127644

We live in Colo. In our pay and quit notice it states

Customer Question

We live in Colo. In our pay and quit notice it states "If you fail to pay the above mentioned rent within the time period mentioned above, the tenancy will be forfeited at the end of that said time period and you must vacate and surrender the premises
to the landlord..." then a date. We will be posting this on 8/21, what is the date that we put here? This is the same commercial propery that I have been asking questions about in previous questions.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. If you are asking what the date is for the "time period mentioned above, then it is 3 days after notice is posted. The day of the notice doesn't count and although weekends and holidays count, if the 3rd day is a weekend or holiday, then the next business day is the date. So, in your example, the "above mentioned date" is Monday the 24th.
Please let me know if you need any clarification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if we post this on 8/21 what would the date be? 8/24 at midnight? or 8/26 at midnight?

I am unclear on what you are asking since I stated the 3 day notice date for their payment is 8/24? What is the 8/26 date you are asking about supposed to represent. Keep in mind I don't have the form.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't know if the weekend counted. So 8/21 being Friday do we count Sat and Sun as 2 of the days?

I specifically addressed the weekend. I will repost what I stated:

The day of the notice doesn't count and although weekends and holidays count, if the 3rd day is a weekend or holiday, then the next business day is the date. So, in your example, the "above mentioned date" is Monday the 24th. Please let me know if you need any clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for asking you a question you already answered, I read it differently or not clearly. I guess you thought it would be helpful to bold it. I will be very careful if you answer a question for me to read it VERY clearly so I do not make the same mistake.

No problem, I just wanted to make sure you had the information you needed.