Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Last 10 dys my home and rental properties went up sale and

Customer Question

Last 10 dys my home and rental properties went up for sheriff sale and sold. 5dys after the sale i paid 6000 for prop taxes. Tues just past went to take up remai nder of money owed 2600. I owed a total of 8600 when going up tuesday to treasures office he told me that the home had been confirmed to the buyer. Can i still put in a motion to vacate the sale. Or what can i do. They knew i was bringing money up tuesday what can i do
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is no right to redeem foreclosed property that is sold at a tax sale See: ORC 5721.25. Thus, if the person files a confirmation, you are not allowed to vacate the sale if you did not pay the full amount prior to the filing of the confirmation, I am afraid that under OH law, there is no provision to vacate.