Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I received a" notice of dropping party" which was filed by

Customer Question

I received a " notice of dropping party" which was filed by my ex-wife. The house is going into foreclosure; am I relieved of all financial responsibility?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if you received a notice of dropping party and you were the named party being dropped, it means that in the foreclosure you would no longer be liable for anything involving the foreclosure. So, if the notice you received states you are being dropped, then you would not have any financial responsibility in the foreclosure.