Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I need assistance from an attorney who is very familiar with

Customer Question

Hello!
I need assistance from an attorney who is very familiar with the current state and timeline of the mortgage foreclosure process in Mercer Country, New Jersey.
I have received a "Notice of Intention to Foreclose" from Bank of America, with a September 15, 2015 deadline to cure.
I have been staving Stern/Laventhal-Bank of America off since February 2009 simply by doing nothing and not responding.
Important: I have no intention of trying to keep this house, which was bought by my deceased partner who died in March 2009.
I am simply trying to find out what the time period is from the Writ of Execution issued to the Sheriff's department and the actual sale date and how long I can stay before the Mercer County Sheriff serves me with an eviction notice after the sale date.
I read the Mercer County Sheriff's sale notices every week and note that there is an "Original Sale Date" in the upper right hand corner of the listing along with a "Current Sale Date" right below it. As these foreclosures age on the weekly sales notice there seems to be bigger gaps of time between the original and current posted sales date.
I know that the defendant/homeowner can file two times for two-week delays, which I will do and the lender also can file for two stays, but other than that is the Mercer County Sheriff's department backlogged on servicing these writs, notices and eventual evictions? What is causing these large gaps of time between original sales date and the next projected current sales date? I am trying to get a general outline of how much time I have here after September 15.
Again, I will not be contesting this foreclosure. I understand I can stay in the house right up until eviction date from the Sheriff's department?
Thanks,
Amanda H.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess bot***** *****ne: What causes the big gaps between "Original Sale Date" and the "Actual Sale Date" by the Mercer County Sheriff's department. Is it because they are backlogged too, like the courts?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I do not want you waiting all day, but this site does not offer county or city specific attorneys. We have attorneys who provide general information, but you are requesting an expert in a specific county and if that is what you require, you must go to a local attorney's office, not through this site as that is beyond what we offer. I do apologize, but if you would like general information we can assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much, I appreciate your candor and I will do that.
You are welcome. Best wishes.