How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm have problems with my AC unit,I have home owner

Customer Question

I'm have problems with my AC unit,I have home owner insurance that comes out of my account monthly.My unit is old and it was condemned,and my insurance people just keep patching on the instead of just replacing it.They have worked on it already 5 times since April this year and it last anywhere between 2 weeks to a month .What can I do I work two to three little jobs to make ends meet.And I'm tried of going through this with them
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, do you have a "home warranty" or "homeowner's insurance"?

If you have a home warranty that continues to make inconsequential repairs to the appliance, you can sue them for breach of contract in small claims court.

Short of that, you can file a complaint with the BBB:

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.

Related Real Estate Law Questions