Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Our former landlord is attempting to withhold a substantial

Customer Question

Our former landlord is attempting to withhold a substantial amount of money from our deposit, claiming that she nees to replace our entire kitchen counter. The estimate she sent us is not itemized, and when I attempted to call the company listed on the estimate, they refused to give us any details (the material to be installed, the cost per sq foot, labor, etc)
Additionally, she wants to charge us to replace a window shade that fell nearly 15 feet off the wall and nearly hit my boyfriend in the head. It was clearly not properly installed, yet she wants us to pay to replace it.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Did you cause any damage to the kitchen beyond normal wear and tear?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.