Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am buying a house in Wisconsin. My lender is charging

Customer Question

I am buying a house in Wisconsin. My lender is charging fees for appraisal, credit report, tax service fee, flood certification, processing fee, underwriting fee, interim interest, one year of hazard insurance, one month of hazard insurance, one month property tax (we have PMI), Owner's title insurance, Lender's title insurance, mobile document signing srvice, Title-Settlement Agency Fee, Recording Fee and WI state transfer fee for a whopping total of over $9000. Is the seller responsible for some of these fees?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, no, the seller is not responsible for any of these fees.......USUALLY, the only fees the seller must pay is for the deed and pro-rated taxes. That said, the seller CAN agree to pay whatever he/she wants, but that usually doesn't happen.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Who pays what fees is usually outlined in the purchase contract.......so you may want to look there to see if any of theses expenses are to be paid by the seller.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

But absent an contractual provision, these expenses will fall to the buyer/s.