Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

We have an IRS designation as Tribal government council, We

Customer Question

We have an IRS designation as Tribal government council, We want to organize as a unincorporated area. With a Land Trust as a subsidiary with (4) designations under it 1) REIT 2) MERIT 3) REMIC 4) FFF. ORGANIZED OUT OF DELAWARE,Operating mainly in New
Jersey. What would be the best way to setup? And Should we be a 504(D)?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a addendum, Should we be a 501 c(25) and set up with the SEC as A 506D ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc. + Legal Discussion by Email + Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
While we cannot tell you definitively what is best, ***** ***** do not have the ability to sit and review the entire set up of your corporation, we can tell you in general which type of entity would benefit you the best in most cases. In most cases, being a 501(c)(25) corporation formed in DE would be your best protection and then for investors the 504 Regulation D filing would allow you to secure investments. That is the typical set up for one of these types of operations. However, they require you to engage a local attorney to represent you and set this up in DE, as that is required by DE law. They will have to review your entire set up and operation to make the final determination based on what you are seeking to gain from the corporate formation.