J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

Can a lien debt be placed on a home in kentucky

Customer Question

Can a lien for credit debt be placed on a home in kentucky
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today but please note this is general information only, not legal advice.
The creditor would first have to obtain a judgment against you for the credit card debt. This requires going filing a lawsuit and winning in court. If a judgment is granted, yes a lien can be placed on real property (a house) but it can not be foreclosed on. Meaning it must be paid if the homeowner sells the house.
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Information was helpful. My question was answered.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Best of luck to you is resolving your matter.