Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We filed bankruptcy and we got a letter from real time

Customer Question

we filed bankruptcy and we got a letter from real time resolutions and we talked with them and they fax over a full settlement letter it reads your offer of $$$$ will be accepted as a full settlement on the lien loan # ***** no recourse from RTR moreover RTR will upon receiving the consideration outlined above and signed copy of this letter agree that it shall not pursue the remaining balance of $$$
Certified funds must be received in amount of time If after deposit the funds are rejected, rescinded, or otherwise invalidated this settlement will automatically be voided and the entire outstanding balance will remain due
second page reads Please direct all furture correspondence regrading this loan to my attention Do not forget to mail back this letter signed can fax Please note that entering into this agreement may or may not result in tax consequence to you. the IRS requires certain amounts that are discharged aas a result of the cancellation of debt to be reported on a form 1099-c if one is requried to be filed
Please review the following disclaimer regarding claims and then execute in the space provided below However if you are aware of any existing or potential claims do not sign this agreement contact your RTR to discuss this matter
by executing below, and after due inquiry, the undersigned customers hereby represents and warrants that the customer is not aware of any existing or potential legal claims, regulatory claims,and/or claims for damages the customer may have or allege to have against RTR its employees,agents and officers concern about signing this and being responsible for the full loan again and is this legit offer
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you clarify for me what questions you have? And, if you are filing for bankruptcy, are you not including this debt in your bankruptcy? Thanks.