J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

I LIVE IN A fLORIDA hoa WITH A COMMON PROPERTY EASEMENT,

Customer Question

I LIVE IN A fLORIDA hoa WITH A COMMON PROPERTY EASEMENT, OWNED BY THE HOA, BEHIND MY HOME. I would like to buy 6000 SQ. FT. of that easement. How can that be accomplished? Thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
A purchase and sale agreement would need to be entered into between the seller and buyer. The seller being an HOA would need required approval (vote by the board or owners of the units depending on what is stated in the bylaws) to accept the offer and enter into the purchase and sale agreement. An escrow would be opened for purposes of holding funds and closing the transaction. When the transaction is closed, the money is exchanged and a proper deed from the HOA to the new owner is executed and then recorded.
State specific agreements for sale of residential land forms can be obtained through online bank form services such as http://www.uslegalforms.com/us/US-00472B.htm; www.rocketlawyer.com; www.legalzoom.com.
Here is a sample of a purchase and sale agreement: http://www.nefar.com/filebin/pdbdb/11/807_11.pdf
This is another example produced by the Florida Association of Realtors: http://www.frcfl.com/pdf/Vacant%20Land/Vacant_Land_Purch_Contract.pdf
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.