Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I need anew signature on a 'Correction Grant Deed' because

Customer Question

I need anew signature on a 'Correction Grant Deed' because my lawyer did not draw up the original 'Grant Deed' correctly AND he advised me to NOT record it until (later). Meanwhile, the person who did sign it (incorrectly) refuses to sign it again. After three (3) years and much stress about my vulnerability, I MUST get this done asap.
My question:
Can I go to the courts without a lawyer for the court to sign the needed 'Correction Grant Deed'?
The original signer is not mentally competent. His lawyer was unable to get him to resign.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you tell me what state you are in?

.

What is the nature of the defect on the first deed?

.

Have you tried to record it and had it rejected?

.

Did you purchase the property from the person who is now mentally incompetent?

.

If so, do you have the paperwork as evidence to support this?

.

.

thanks

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer my question. This was not helpful.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, but you did not provide the requested information I needed to answer your question. The way this works is a customer posts a question, the expert may ask some questions to get a little more information, the customer responds and provides that information and then the expert answers the question.

.

If there is a break in that chain, then the whole train goes off the tracks...

.

So without the information I requested, I don't have the tools to answer your question.

.

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not work for me. I got no answer after answering your questions. Not paying any more.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I never got any responses to my questions...either time I posted them.
.
But you are always able to contact JustAnswer's customer service and request a refund of your deposit and they will happily do so.
.
.
thanks