Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

Can the HOA post a rule, or policy which calls -issued pool

Customer Question

Can the HOA post a rule, or policy which calls for HOA-issued pool tags and authorize the pool service provider to enforce it up to having the Constable remove a resident from the pool area because he/she did not present the correct year tag?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Yes, so long as the pool is a common element then the association can make and enforce rules regarding its use. It sounds like they are being a bit overly strict about it, but that is their prerogative. as board members.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Best regards.