RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I am going through foreclosure in Louisville. I have

Customer Question

I am going through foreclosure in Louisville Ky. I have received the default notice but the sale date has not been posted yet. At the earliest it will be 9/22. How long after the sale date do I have before I must be out of the house?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. A lot really depends on if a 3rd party buys the home or the bank ends up taking it back. I say this because a 3rd party will likely want it for themselves or to rent, so they will want you out ASAP and it could be within 30 days after the sale, that you need to vacate. Banks normally take longer, so they could give you the same notice, if not more or even be willing to offer a keys for cash type deal, to leave without any problems. Of course, if you refuse, either party would have to go through the eviction process, which could give you more time. If the sale is set for 9/22, it would not likely be till mid-end of October when you would need to be out.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!