Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I bought an unimproved lot on Hwy 281 in my Texas town in

Customer Question

I bought an unimproved lot on Hwy 281 in my Texas town in 2000.Nothing around me was improved at the time. Since then a lawyer developer came in and developed all around me. Behind me is The First Babtist Church now!
I went to the city and asked for C3 zoning. The Church and all of the properties that adjoin mine are C3!In fact my property is the one and only property along hwy 281 that is not C3 in the entire city and this is a good size city!(With exception to the 2 acres next to me that is still Agricultural) I wanted to build a small hotel like the two that are in the same development on either side of my property! I am amazed at how special interests like this church can control what you do 100%. All I have asked for is the same thing everyone else already has!
Is this legal?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but specifically are you referencing as legal or illegal, barring your construction request? Please advise!