Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Went to court eviction of rent because the apartment would

Customer Question

Went to court for an eviction for nonpayment of rent because the apartment would not accept it. The judge told us to settle outside of court. He Reset the hearing so the management could amend paragraph 4 of the petition, now would be about lease violations which are unauthorized pet. I paid the fee months ago. And one about impeading a vender. I was in the shower and didn't feel comfortable with three men in my place that I didn't know. I filed a complaint with fair housing about that.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have proof that you paid the pet deposit and there is evidence regarding not getting proper notice of them coming to your apartment, the you have grounds to still defend yourself against this suit. So if they refuse to negotiate a resolution, from what you are stating it sounds most certainly like you have your evidence to defeat them in court since they cannot just send someone to your apartment without at least 24 hour notice unless there was an emergency and if you paid the pet fee that is a bogus excuse.