Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I had my house two years before I got married in my name

Customer Question

I had my house two years before I got married in my name alone the bank takes my house payment out of my check I have been married for two half years if I get a divorce can he take half of the value of my house
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

That would not be likely to happen because it is your home from before the marriage and he hasn't contributed anything to the purchase price.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so very much I can get some sleep now knowing my husband can't take my home when I file for a divorce
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it's not working out.