LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Who should I contact to find out about my neighbors power

Customer Question

who should I contact to find out about my neighbors power lines crossing my whole front yard? I am concerned , number 1 it is hanging low and number 2 I can't plant a tree in my yard , number 3 it looks awful. I live in Santa Clara co., Calif.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
The local power company is responsible for the lines and they must have an easement over your property to run the lines overhead to your neighbor.
The power company is likely PG&E, unless you live in the city of Santa Clara in which the city owns the company, Silicon Valley Power.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug