LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Do you practice in California? I'm a real estate agent and I

Customer Question

do you practice in California? I'm a real estate agent and I have a client who purchased a property in Newhall, CA January 2015, however the seller(s) did not disclose that there was a slope movement and a settlement made in 2011 or 2012. HOA management are currently seeking a loan of 4.5M to repair it and will be divided to 148 homeowners. I'm wondering what else I can do to help my client go after the seller(s). I know the class action lawsuit will take care of the builder side.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your client's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
The fact that the HOA may be moving toward a class action matter does not prevent your clients from suing the sellers for failure to disclose and breach of contract and seek an award of damages necessary to repair the undisclosed issued, or the loss in value of the property based on the slope issues.
Your client's will need to retain a local real estate attorney to write a demand letter to the sellers demanding settlement or possibly mediation to resolve the matter. This is an entirely separate matter from the class action suit and would have to be handled separately.
Your client appears to have a meritorious case based on the facts that you have set out here.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug