Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in a home in which my mom is the landlord. We agreed

Customer Question

I live in a home in which my mom is the landlord. We agreed I would fix things in the home as they come up. There was a leak behind a wall I called a plumber he took care of it. There was a problem with the payment as my car loan was duplicated then I had to file 13 because I lost my job no warning at all.. this plumber has been calling and emailing me for payment I told him I am in chapter 13 and the bill is in my repayment plan. Now this guy is calling my mom threatening to put a lein on her home that I live in 8f we don't pay in full. Can he do that? I know he already violated the automatic stay. .. I live in nj
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  mkc1959 replied 1 year ago.

Has it been more than 90 days since the plumber did the work?

Was there a written contract between the plumber and you or between the plumber and your mother?