Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I am trying to refinance my property with 1 deed with 2

Customer Question

I am trying to refinance my property with 1 deed with 2 separate tax lots. I am told by the lender they cannot aquire a loan on both parcels. I am disputing the appraisal that only contains one parcel.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get a loan on property which has one deed but contains two parcels?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Another expert here, and I'll assist with your question. It doesn't matter how many parcels are on the deed as long as they are contiguous. That is, all the parcels fit together as one piece of ground. If the parcels are completely different properties and not adjacent to each other then you would need a commercial type mortgage. The appraiser would have to be told to appraise both properties by the lender.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.