Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We have an acre of land we used as collateral to purchase a

Customer Question

We have an acre of land we used as collateral to purchase a mobile home with Vanderbilt Mortgage financing the loan. We got where we could not make the high payments so we "owner financed" this property and mobile home to a couple who were to get this re-financed and get it out of our name. We just drew up on a sheet of paper the agreement for them to purchase this. They have repeatedly been late on the payments which effects our credit. How can we "evict" them and take back our property? We have told them repeatedly to refinance or else. The man said nobody is taking my property. The agreement was notarized but never filed with any courthouse, tax assessor, etc. Can you help?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you clarify something for me? Is title to this property still in your name? Thanks.