Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Who do I sue to get my money back on a vacation home rental,

Customer Question

who do I sue to get my money back on a vacation home rental, Long and Foster Realty (company I paid) or the home owners?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA .I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.You can sue them both here in small claims as one suit with two defendants.That way you argue both are liable for your money here as damages.You would serve them both and a judgment against both makes it more enforceable and collectable against two parties.I would pursue them both here and seek judgment against all.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Reference to small claims this appears to be in Virginia.

http://www.courts.state.va.us/resources/small_claims_court_procedures.pdf

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
You need to serve the agent here for Long and Foster, they have more than one entity, check your lease or rental information.
List of their entities..
https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/Find/Business?SearchTerm=long+and+foster+realty&SearchPattern=K&as_fid=LntX0qLsrTPHiXiIXwD_
The owner you sue them personally , if it is a corporation use site above to locate their agent.This is critical to serve right person, thanks.