Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

My husband and I own a lot in a beachside city in SC. We

Customer Question

My husband and I own a lot in a beachside city in SC. We have found several homes in rural SC that we want to buy and move to the beachside lot. What are the laws surrounding purchasing and moving a home?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Each city has their own law regarding moving homes, so you have to check with the zoning commission on where you are moving the home from and also where you are moving the home to. We cannot tell you that. You also need a licensed home mover to obtain permits for transporting oversized loads from one place to the other.
Here are the SC laws for moving oversized loads: http://www.scdot.org/doing/doingpdfs/permits/osow_guidelinesfor_movement.pdf