Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am having a problem with the realtor that is supposed to

Customer Question

I am having a problem with the realtor that is supposed to be the one to handle the lease for my apartment. The landlord has verbally approved me finding housemates and then sending their information to the realtor to finalize the lease. The realtor wants to evict me because then he will get a larger commission if I am forced out and three new tenants move in as opposed to just the two I find. I received an eviction notice and I called the landlord and he again the landlord told me to send the new housemates information to the realtor so he can finalize the lease, but the realtor will not follow through. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:
1) Is this YOUR Relator, or, the landlord's Realtor?
2) Does the lease you currently have with the landlord state anything about subleasing, and if so, what?
3) What is the eviction reason - are you late on rent, or, something else?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. The landlords realtor
2. I do not have a lease, my lease expired and i was a tenant at will, however, another girl moved in a year ago and she had a lease to the apartment and I was not on that lease.
3. The landlord is now claiming that I owe the other housemates rent, although he and his son both told me I do not owe that money.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
"The landlord is now claiming that I owe the other housemates rent, although he and his son both told me I do not owe that money."
Is that the reason for the eviction in the eviction complaint? Can you please double check - this is very important. What is listed as the official reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to confirm that I am not going to be charged for this. No help was provided and I did not receive a call as requested. I will confirm with my credit card to deny any charges. Please confirm that I will not be charged due to lack of help in this matter. Thank you.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
The reason why I never provided an answer is because you never gave me the information I needed. I had asked:
"Is that the reason for the eviction in the eviction complaint? Can you please double check - this is very important. What is listed as the official reason?"
You never responded. This is very important to the above situation and my answer would have hinged on this.
I will send this to customer service regardless. Best of luck in your situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There does not need to be back and forth on this. After you asked, the option came up for me to call. I gave my number and never got a call. Do not make this difficult. Clearly I did not get any help and therefore no payment should be taken.